NOIDA: The Noida City Cente to Sector 62 route, which remained out of bounds for public movement for nearly one-and-a-half years, will reopen in the next few days.
The route was shut in 2019 due to the construction of an underpass at the sector 51, 52, 71 and 72 intersection. As a result, people heading towards Indirapuram in Ghaziabad via Captain Shashi Kant Marg were unable to take the stretch and instead had to take a detour via the Gijhore turn. However, the underpass work is almost in its final stage. Officials involved in the project said the barricades at the Gijhore turn will be removed within the next 10 days.
The work on the underpass had commenced in July 2019 and by October that year barricades had been put up to block the traffic merging at the intersection from all four sides. “During a review of priority infrastructure projects that was held on Thursday, it was found that 90 per cent of the underpass work is complete. The remaining work is expected to get over by May 31,” said the chief executive officer of the Noida Authority, Ritu Maheshwari.