The new Mahindra XUV700 is slated to be launched in Q2 FY2022 and will be manufactured at the company’s manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra.
Mahindra has just dropped the name of its upcoming SUV and it will be called the XUV700. Initially believed to be the new-generation XUV500, the new SUV is built on the all-new global SUV platform W601 and Mahindra claims that it will come with several first-in-segment technologies and features. The XUV700 is slated to be launched in Q2 FY2022 and will be manufactured at the company’s manufacturing facility at Chakan in Maharashtra. Here are 10 things you need to know about the upcoming SUV.
- The name of the new Mahindra XUV700, like other XUV, TUV and KUV models in the company’s stable, is pronounced as XUV, 7 double ‘Oh’ and not seven hundred the number.
- The new SUV will be slotted below the company’s current flagship Mahindra Alturas G4 SUV, however, it’s still unclear whether the existing XUV500 will continue to be on offer. If it does, then Mahindra will position the SUV below the upcoming XUV700.
- The XUV700 is claimed to come with all the latest world-class safety features. In fact, the company’s ex-CEO Pawan Goenka has told carandbike that all-new SUVs, in the company’s stable, will be safe enough to at least get a 4-star rating from Global NCAP. Talking about the W601 in particular he had mentioned that it will get a 5-star rating.
- Based on the spy photos we have seen so far, the new XUV700 will come with features like option electronic parking brakes, and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) as well. Other features we expect to see are at least 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat mounts, all 4 disc brakes and more.
- The upcoming Mahindra XUV700 will be offered in both petrol and diesel engine options, manual and automatic transmissions choices, along with optional All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) capabilities. The engine specifications are yet to be announced but we believe it will get the new 2.0-litre petrol and diesel engines.
- Visually, several previous spy photos have revealed that the new XUV700 will come with full-LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, a new large grille, sporty alloy wheels and new horizontally mounted LED taillamps.
- One of the interesting features on offer will be the new door handles. The cheetah-inspired XUV500 will no longer get those signature paw-like door handles, instead, the SUV will come with new flush-fitting door handles which are visible in these images.
- Spy photos have also revealed that inside, the biggest highlight of the new Mahindra XUV700’s cabin will be the large, Mercedes-Benz-style single unit screen, which will get split displays for infotainment and instrument cluster. The cabin trim itself is treated in stitched faux leather inserts, and it comes in a dual-tone black and beige combination.
- The 2021 XUV500 will also come with a new multi-functional flat-bottom steering wheel, satin-finished interior grab handles, and wide air-con vents with chrome bezels. The SUV is also likely to come with features like – Apple Carplay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, a sunroof, and we won’t be surprised if Mahindra decides to offer a wireless charger as well.
- Upon launch, the new Mahindra XUV700 will compete with the likes of the new Tata Safari and the MG Hector Plus. The SUV will be a big setup compared to the existing XUV500. We expect a festive season launch.